What is a Gas Safe certificate?

A Gas Safe certificate is an important document that proves your gas appliances, including your boiler, are safe to use. You should receive a Gas Safe certificate after an annual service from your Gas Safe engineer. To find out why you should annually service your boiler, please click here.

Do I need a Gas Safe certificate as a Tenant or Landlord?

Your standard homeowner will not legally require a Gas Safety certificate. If you are a landlord, you are legally required to have an up to date Gas Safe certificate that you can present to your tenant at any point. You are also responsible for organising your boiler’s annual service. As a tenant, you are responsible for identifying any issues with your boiler, and alerting your landlord. This also includes letting your landlord know when the boiler needs servicing.

What is the importance of having a Gas Safe certificate?

Even if you are not legally obligated to have a Gas Safe certificate, annually servicing your boiler allows an engineer to identify any current and future issues. This includes looking for leaks, ensuring all parts are working correctly and the general maintenance of the boiler.

Do I need a Gas Safe certificate to sell my home?

Although it is not legally required to have a Gas Safe certificate, it is useful to have an up to date one to sell your home. This is because your home will be more promising as it has safe and functioning gas appliances.

If you decide to rent your property, you will have to provide a Gas Safety certificate for your future tenants to ensure their safety.

If you would like a boiler installed or repaired, please contact Bradford Boiler Company at info@bradfordboilercompany.co.uk or 01247 317169.